DESIGN, DRAFTING, REALITY CAPTURE, 3D SCANNING, BIM COORDINATION
DESIGN & DRAFTING
J & M specializes in providing the best possible drafting and design services at an affordable rate. Our services help our customers in several different ways. When your company's drafting work slows down it becomes increasingly difficult to keep drafting support on hand. When laid off, those workers tend to go to other companies for a job, leaving you short handed when the work comes in. It's tough on budgets to keep those workers around, sending your overhead expenses through the roof. This is where J & M Design & Drafting comes in. When your company needs design and drafting support, bring us in to do the work or have us do the work at our office, as the work slows, send us home. Our rates are kept low allowing your company to place markup on our services. We make money, YOU make money!
Another way J & M Design & Drafting can help save you money is by having the latest versions of hardware and software needed to accomplish the work. By doing this, your company does not have the expense of maintaining the software or hardware. We maintain the latest versions of all the software listed below.
·AUTOCAD PLANT 3D
· AUTOCAD ARCHITECTURAL
· AUTOCAD RASTER DESIGN
· AUTOCAD CIVIL 3D
· AUTODESK A360 TEAM
· AUTOCAD MECHANICAL
· STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS FOR REVIT
· RECAP PRO
· KUBIT POINT SENSE PLANT
· FARO SCENE
· ADVANCE STEEL
· NAVISWORKS MANAGE
· FABRICATION CAD MEP
· ROBOT STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS PROFESSIONAL
· STRUCTURAL BRIDGE DESIGN
· VEHICLE TRACKING
· INVENTOR PROFESSIONAL
· INVENTOR HSM
· AUTODESK NASTRAN IN-CAD
· FUSION 360
· 3DS MAX
· HSMWORKS FOR SOLIDWORKS
· FACTORY DESIGN UTILITIES
BAY BRIDGE SAS TOP CAP
3D LASER SCANNING SERVICES
HOW IT WORKS.....
The FARO Focus X330 3D & M70 3D Scanners use an infrared laser to collect close to 1 million points per second, each point contains an XYZ value, creating an accurate 3D Point Cloud. The points are colorized, giving the Point Cloud a photographic quality. This is accomplished by an integrated HD camera that takes pictures of the area being scanned and colorizes each of the points. Measurements can be taken either from the Point Cloud or from a Panoramic photograph.
The Customer does not need to purchase any special programs to view the Point Cloud model. Scans can be viewed, measured, and commented on from a web page using FARO's Web Share Cloud or Autodesk's Recap 360 Program. FARO also provides a free download of Scene LT, which allows the customer to view and manipulate the 3D model, moving around inside the model.
1) Reduces field measuring time, collecting thousands of times more data than two workers, a tape measure, and hand sketches can capture.
2) Reduces the amount of costly trips to a site to capture missing dimensions.
3) Reduces design and fabrication errors by the use of clash detection tools, used when overlapping new design models over the top of the existing conditions.
4) Allows for quick creation of drawings where no documentation existed before, using as-built information collected by the scanner.
5) Consistent and accurate as-built information for use with demolition or as a visual representation before work begins.
6) Shop fabrication rather than costly field fabrication and installation, also having the peace of mind that costly mistakes in the field will be greatly minimized.
7) Scanned data can be used over and over for future projects or for project comparison.
·OIL AND GAS PIPING SYSTEMS
·WASTE WATER DESIGN & DOCUMENTATION
·STRUCTURAL AS-BUILTS OR REMODELS
·FACILITY SPACE PLANNING
·BUILDING INFORMATION MODELING (BIM)
·TANK DEFORMATION ANALYSIS
Once the data has been captured in the field, the information can be used in 3 main ways:
1) The data is accessible from the customers internet browser, where measurements can be taken or data can be marked up and pulled from the browser and used in project design or project scope production.
2) Data can be used as a CAD background, where a new 3D Model can be designed right over the top of existing conditions. Interference checks can be made, saving costly mistakes in off-site fabrication and field installation.
3) The Point Cloud data can also be made into a solid model for reverse engineering, as-built modifications, or for BIM.
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is a process that begins with creating an intelligent 3D Design Model and then uses that model to facilitate coordination, simulation, and visualization, as well as helping owners and service providers improve how buildings and infrastructure are planned, designed, built, and managed.
BIM alleviates many of the business challenges that Architects, Engineers, and Construction Professionals and Owners face by providing greater project insight early in the design and construction process to help them make better informed decisions. Information is coordinated and consistent, creating a more efficient project life cycle. BIM also improves planning, cost forecasting, and project control, making it easier for teams to collaborate and communicate.
Drones and Processing Software have finally matured to the point where they are proving to be a time and money saver in survey projects as well as construction projects. We are able to capture and process high resolution imagery, create 3D Models, Point Clouds, calculate volumes, and so much more.
Drones usually collect data faster, cheaper, and safer compared to other traditional methods, and often with comparable accuracy. Drones have demonstrated just how efficient they can be, especially in these key cases:
* Topographic surveys of large or inaccessible terrain
* Faster, more detailed cut-and-fill analysis and comparison
* Verifying grade elevations and QA/QC of earthworks
* Safer, easier stockpile and volume measurements
* Capturing as-builts for documentation and renovations
UL INDUSTRIAL CONTROL PANELS
Our UL certified panel shop allows us to design and build industrial control panels to UL508A, UL698A, and UL1203. Our panels are designed for functionality, cost effectiveness, aesthetics, and serviceability. We can specify the component manufacturer used or you can tell us which component manufacturer you would like us to use. Complete documentation is provided with all the panels that we build. We provide the same quality workmanship regardless of whether its a one-off panel design or a large project. Along with designing and building control panels we also program PLC's and provide support for them. Let us help you with your next panel project.